Wednesday, June 20, 2007

You're so sick!

Ugh... I want to die. Someone put me out of my misery. PLEASE!

As you can tell, I don't handle illness very gracefully. Even 'the common cold' makes me want to curl up and hide from the world.

Well, I'm a little worse off than a cold right now. I have some sort of stomach bug... Got it from Erica. She was sick Monday. I just wrote it off as what she ate and being in too much heat.

But last night I felt queasy. I fell asleep though and slept fine. I woke up this morning, so excited to go to Delaware to visit my brother's family. I headed downstairs to get Hubby's breakfast together. Put the english muffin in the toaster... And ran to the potty just in time.

I'm miserable. My daughter and I have spent all morning sitting on the couch watching TV. Elmo, Hello Kitty, Bob the Builder... Please don't judge me. I just don't have what it takes to chase her around today.


TO THE QUESTION...

I often think that common illnesses are just awful. Far from 'common' ... b/c they make you totally miserable.

What do you think the worse ailment is?*



*I'm not talking about major things. Not cancer, MS, heart trouble, etc. Just simple things that aren't gonna kill you but make you think you're gonna die!!!

7 comments:

Barb said...

A stiff neck or an ingrown nail.

Becky said...

The worst ailment in my house is sick kids!!!! (and that includes the husband)

Becky L said...

skittles-- HOLY CRAP, YOU'RE SO RIGHT! ingrown toenails are awful. I shudder to remember mine.

becky, mom, mommy, hey you-- yeah, sick kids are awful. Erica, being only 2, had no way of telling that she was about to vomit. So, she stood in the middle of the living room and upchucked all over the CARPET! I'm still trying to get the smell out. I just got home from the store with: Lysol, Febreze, Oust spray, and Oust fans.

Nikki Neurotic said...

Stomach bug. I can deal with anything else really, but being sick with a stomach bug makes me wanna die.

Crazy Working Mom said...

There's not much worse in the world than being sick to your stomach! Ugh...I hate throwing up and diareah. :(

twilite said...

Hi Becky! I fully understand your moan! I hate ailments! Every one is the same as the other...no better no worse. They're just dreadful. I hate being sick.

Hope you are better now. Praying for speedy recovery and good health.

Michele said...

Stomach bugs are the worst, and thank the goddess I've never had an awful one! I've nursed my kids through many, though, and it is just a terrible thing. *shudder*

Hope you're feeling better!