Monday, February 12, 2007

"Hot Nerds"

I just read a post by 'Liya. It inspired me to write a retrospective question.

In it, 'Liya explained how she was always a nerd growing up, yet loved lookin' soooo good! She coined the phrase "Hot Nerd."

I hate to admit it, but... growing up, I was definitley not the "hot" part(blush). I didn't learn the art of make-up until college. My roomie took me under her wing, so to speak, and taught me how to be a "Hot Nerd." I dyed my hair blonde, got 10 ear peircings, 2 tattoos*, lost 40 pounds, did the whole make-up thing (mascara and all!), and stylish-sexy (but not slutty) clothes.

I still love dressing up. Though nowadays it's professional-stylish clothes. Unfortunately, I rarely have the time to do the whole make-up thing... But I doubt my 5 year olds care much!

So, now it's your turn to share all! What were you like growing up? The athletic, popular type? Beauty? Geek? Hippy? "Hot Nerd?"

We promise we won't laugh! We all have our pasts!

***UPDATE***
Liya wanted me to add this questions: What kind of person did you find attractive/did you crush on as a kid/teen?


*One of my tats is of the Christian symbol for the Holy Trinity. That's what the pic. from above is. My other tat is a cross with flames coming out of it, symbolizing fervency. That one my roomie and I designed together. Good times...

9 comments:

gary rith said...

You have seen the pics at my blog--we were all kind of new wave in the 80s...

Michael C said...

I was a semi-nerd and hung out with almost all nerds. Fortunately, I was funny which helped me meet a lot of friends!

'liya said...

Thanks for the mention! I feel famous!!!! :D

You should ask the question what kind of person did you find attractive/did you crush on as a kid/teen? I'm so embarrassed of all of mine! I have good taste now, but boy when I was younger did I liked some strange guys :S

Abigail S said...

~gr~ I thoughts those pics were superb! Yall need to check out his site to see those pics!

~michael c~ Humor sure does go a long way! Even for the semi-nerdy!

~liya~ Since this post is in your honor, I'll add those ?'s.

Becky L said...

abby and i werent really "nerds" though. we werent the popular crowd at all, but they would talk to us now and then. we were aquaintences i guess you could say. actually, to think of it... i'm not really sure there were "nerds" at our school. not the kind you see depicted in movies and tv. the smart kids were actually the popular ones. go figure.

Becky L said...

oh, and what type of guy... though i did like some of the cute and popular ones, i knew they were out of my league. so i dated guys that were nice and more laid back.

actually, i met one bf at the electric factory in Philly. I figured he was kind of a punk, and i was trying to be a punk, so we started dating.

[he ended up being a punk... not the good kind though]

Anonymous said...

I was a cheerleader, but a semi-smart one. I wanted a guy who I knew would make something of himself. It worked, too!

Abigail S said...

~jennifer~ Glad it worked for you!... I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.